1. I’m thankful that I didn’t kill my teeny lemon tree so now it’s a small lemon tree.
And it actually has lemons.
2. I’m thankful for mammogram technicians with warm hands.
3. That Christmas is coming and with it the requirement that my sons appear in a photo with me.
4. I am thankful that this snapping turtle didn’t eat my dog.
5. Extraordinarily thankful for Bowl-sized margaritas.
6. That I get to live in a place that looks like this. . .
. . .and this.
7. That my dog is an excellent reader with exquisite taste. Also, that she is a feminist.
8. Finally, I am thankful that I am married to this man, who helped me raise those three sons, makes a mean margarita, and lets the dog sleep on the bed.